Get ready, Portland Riesling lovers, because the Invasion is coming!
On Saturday, July 19th, 39 wineries will converge on the Olympic Mills Building and pour — are you ready for this — 100 different Rieslings!
And if tasting 100 Rieslings isn’t enough for you, how about …
Rock Out with Vin Halen
Enjoy live music from the all winemaker band “Vin Halen,” with our very own Jay Somers (guitar) and Tim Malone (bass) from J. Christopher Wines in Newberg, plus Tyson Crowley (Crowley Wines) on drums.
Grab a Bite to Go with Your Glass
Riesling is the perfect wine to pair with food, and you’ll have plenty of choices to test your taste buds:
- Olympic Provisions Hot Dog/ Brat Cart
- Andrea Slonecker’s Pretzel Stand
- Xico Restaurant’s Mexican-style Grilled Corn
- Cheese Bar’s Steve Jones, with a selection of cheeses hand-picked for perfect pairing with the Rieslings you’ll be tasting.
Get Your Book, Then Get it Signed
The folks from Summer of Riesling (sponsored by Ambonnay Champagne Bar) will be there with plenty of swag!
WHAT WE’LL BE POURING
And, of course, in case you’re wondering, we’ll be there in force, pouring a selection of Old World Rieslings from the Loosen Bros. USA portfolio. Click on each wine to learn more.
- 2011 Dr. Loosen Riesling Trocken Wehlener Sonnenuhr GG
- 2012 Dr. Loosen Riesling Kabinett Bernkasteler Lay
- 2011 Dr. Loosen Estate Auslese
- 2012 Maximin Grünhäuser Riesling
- 2011 Maximin Grünhäuser Abtsberg Riesling Kabinett
- 2012 Fritz Haag Riesling
- 2011 Fritz Haag Riesling Spätlese Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr
- 2012 Robert Weil Riesling Trocken
- 2012 Robert Weil Riesling Tradition
- 2012 Villa Wolf Riesling Dry
- 2012 Villa Wolf Riesling Trocken Wachenheimer Belz
How You Can Join the Riesling Invasion
Saturday, July 19th
4 to 8 pm
Olympic Mills Building
107 SE Washington Street, Portland, Oregon
Tickets are $30 in advance at rieslinginvasion.com or $35 at the door.
Important Note: Attendees must be 21+ years old.
Help us spread word of the invasion! Follow the event on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @RieslingInvader and #RieslingInvasion.