It’s Foodie Friday! Try this recipe for Indonesian chicken and green beans, submitted by Todd Hudson of the Maverick Institute.
We paired this recipe with our Villa Wolf Gewürztraminer and the combo was a huge hit. The Villa Wolf Gewürztraminer is clean, fruity and wonderfully light on its feet. It shows off the aromatic charm of the variety without being heavy or ponderous. It has a deliciously juicy texture and a delightfully delicate aroma of spice and fresh roses. It’s very refreshing to drink on its own and makes a perfect accompaniment to spicy Asian cuisine.
juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons double black soy sauce (If you can’t find this at your grocery, mix 2 teaspoons of regular soy sauce with 1 teaspoon dark molasses)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons double black soy sauce
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 cup chicken stock
1 lb green beans, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
4 tablespoons olive oil
10 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced ginger root
1 small onion, minced
1. Marinate chicken for 2 hours.
2. When you’re ready to start cooking, make sauce.
3. In a wok, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until chicken turns white and is cooked through. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute garlic, ginger, and onion until soft.
5. Add green beans and stir fry until crisp tender.
6. Add sauce. Bring to a boil.
7. Add chicken pieces and stir to cover with sauce. Heat through.
Serve over white or brown rice. Serves 6.
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE RECIPE TO PAIR WITH OUR WINES?
Send it to email@example.com.