* Winemaker Erni Loosen traveled the globe making new friends and meeting Riesling fans everywhere he went.
* We met many fresh faces from the next generation of wine lovers at Wine Riots.
* We made excellent progress on construction of the beautiful new J. Christopher Winery and Appassionata Vineyard in Newberg, Oregon (USA), and hosted tastings on Labor Day and Thanksgiving Oregon wine tour weekends.
* We were delighted to welcome famed Burgundy producer Nicolas Potel to the Loosen Bros. USA “Friends of Erni” portfolio.
* Our booth at the New York Wine Experience was big fun and a great opportunity to meet our New York fans.
* We were honored to be named to–and staff our table at–the Wine & Spirits Top 100 Tasting.
* We were thrilled to receive a fistful of medals at the 2011 Decanter Wine Awards.
* Hosting the Thomas Keller Restaurant Group’s visit to our Dr. Loosen Winery in the Mosel was a pleasure.
* We thoroughly enjoyed the worldwide expansion of Terroir Wine Bar’s Summer of Riesling You rock, Paul Grieco!
If you think 2011 was exciting, just wait until you see what we have in store for 2012! Here’s a taste of what’s coming up in the new year:
* As of Jan. 1, 2012, Loosen Bros. USA will be the sole U.S. importer for the amazing wines of Dr. Carl von Schubert, from his Maximin Grünhaus estate.
* Hope to see you in Sydney on Feb 6 & 7 at the Frankland Estate International Riesling Tasting.
* More Travels With Erni, our globetrotting ambassador of wonderful wines!
And now let us finish up 2011 with our New Year’s Resolution
(to paraphrase our friends at Second Glass/Wine Riot) “Drink more Riesling!”
Oh, and “Drink more Pinot Noir, too!”
All the best to you and yours in the coming year from all of us at Dr. Loosen, Loosen Bros. USA, J. Christopher and everyone in the Friends of Erni portfolio. Cheers!